Darkness Flame Academy
WELCOME TO DARKNESS FLAME ACADEMY
Sign up now to be granted access to all member benefits. Once signed up and signed in, you will be able to create your own topics, post replies to other topics, private message other users, show off your decks, play forum games, chat in a live chatroom, manage your profile and a lot more. If you already have an account, Sign in - otherwise Sign up and join our community today!

Experience the Darkness and Dive into the Flames. On this yugioh community you will be able to improve your duelist skills, make friends, post content, chat, share decks, and much more. Join Today!

We are currently in need of some Testers, feel free to apply by clicking Here

I forgot my password

Statistics
Members13
Most Online37
Newest Member
https://www.darknessflameacademy.com/u231

You are not connected. Please login or register

Control or Beat Down?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Control or Beat Down? on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:18 pm

This post may belong in a different section, and if it does, then I'm sorry. I posted it here because I didn't know where else to put it.

With that out of the way, we can get to the good stuff. Most of us (hopefully) know about this concept of playstyle. Two better-known styles are ALWAYS fighting. The control and beatdown playstyles. Each is the polar opposite of the other, but both are a hell of a lot of fun to play.

The control playstyle, you're more reserved, preferring to either snare your opponent in a lockdown or counter his or her every move. A beatdown player's goal is to deal as much damage as possible in as few turns as possible. My explanation doesn't go as in-depth as some of you might have been expecting. The reason why is because this topic is a discussion topic. My questions are, which style do you prefer and why? Do you think it's possible to find a balance between the two?

View user profile

2 Re: Control or Beat Down? on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:25 am

I used to only play beatdown decks. Until I dueled someone who actually knows how to build a deck and got my butt whooped. They weren't playing a full on control deck, nor was their deck entirely beatdown. It was balance, and it was beautiful. I learned that if you build the deck correctly, and don't blindly summon giant monsters without the ability to protect them, that you can achieve this balance. I now main a Buster Blader deck that is probably a one of a kind deck. No I don't mean Buster Blader decks are one of a kind. I know they aren't, but I know that none are quite like mine. This is great for me because it means that when I duel someone who has dueled a standard Buster Blader deck they don't expect what I give them. What do all of you play as your main? Do you not have a main? And is anyone else getting just a little irritated with all these stupid hand traps that Konami is breeding like rabbits? I mean seriously?

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum