Darkness Flame Academy
WELCOME TO DARKNESS FLAME ACADEMY
Sign up now to be granted access to all member benefits. Once signed up and signed in, you will be able to create your own topics, post replies to other topics, private message other users, show off your decks, play forum games, chat in a live chatroom, manage your profile and a lot more. If you already have an account, Sign in - otherwise Sign up and join our community today!

Experience the Darkness and Dive into the Flames. On this yugioh community you will be able to improve your duelist skills, make friends, post content, chat, share decks, and much more. Join Today!

We are currently in need of some Testers, feel free to apply by clicking Here

I forgot my password

Statistics
Members257
Most Online37
Newest Member

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to create a "different" deck

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to create a "different" deck on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Now, when I mean by different, I don't mean, just not using meta decks. I mean finding other cards that most meta players don't use. Such as Dark Magician. The Eye of Timaeus allows the fusion summon of one fusion monster that requires a Dark Magician or Dark Magician Girl. (There is only one fusion monster for Magician Girl so don't worry about her.) Normally you would think of Dark Magician the Dragon Knight or Dark Paladin. But, you can also use... Dark Flare Knight!
Most people don't use this because they say it's not of the arch, and that is why you use it. (Also it is so... Yah) It's a 2200 attack, and you take no damage from battle with it, and you can summon Mirage Knight! Now, this card is great because it can, almost all the time, destroy a monster and deal 2800 lp to your opponent. Great for any strong monster like that Chaos MAX dragon!
So, if it makes a meta player mad, not a lot of people you have seen use it, and it makes you win, most of the time. You've got a deck that is a special flower from the rest.
Now, this doesn't mean just changing one card will work. You have to take out a few cards and add cards that will help with the deck.This is a VERY hard thing to do, let me be honest. But with practice and messing around, you can make a creative deck as well!

So remember, keep trying, have fun, and believe in the heart of the cards!

View user profile

2 Re: How to create a "different" deck on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Dolores Umbridge

Administration Team
Administration Team
screw the heart of the cards <.<

DARKNESS FLAME ACADEMY

View user profile

3 Re: How to create a "different" deck on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Kiernan

Or you could like, not handicap yourself. Just a thought.

If you have fun doing that sort of thing, fine. It's not a bad idea for casual play, but it's also a bad mentality to have if you're trying to win. Trying too hard to be original doesn't give you any sort of high ground. There's a reason that meta decks top. They're good. Players use them because they have a high chance of winning. If you're doing rated or rl events with a deck that's a lower tier (such as Dark Magician) and then further restricting yourself by forcing yourself to use sub-optimal cards, you're shooting yourself in the foot and then ramming the ruined foot into the curb a few times for good measure.

You don't have to use a meta deck to win, you're right. Winning consistently without one is a fish of another color. Just random techs aren't going to do anything. The techs have to actually have a purpose in regards to the metagame. You need to identify weaknesses of the deck that you're trying to shore up. Is the deck slow? Is there an aggressive tech option that people have been overlooking? Is there an engine you can splash to add consistency to an inconsistent deck?

Also I didn't realize Chaos MAX Dragon was the personification of meta nowadays. Guess I've been out of it longer than I thought.

View user profile

4 Re: How to create a "different" deck on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:53 am

Satheios

I agree with Kiernan's logic. Though I'm a casual player and don't care all that much.

(Btw, Kier, it's scary how I see you pop up on this site as soon as I start becoming more active again. You stalking me?! :O)

View user profile

5 Re: How to create a "different" deck on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:34 am

Ab9999

I luv making weird decks. Anyways, you don’t have to try and find a new little tech thing. Just gotta get creative with the ones you already know ;3

View user profile

6 Re: How to create a "different" deck on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 am

Leòmhann

Or you can build any deck you want. For instance a meta deck because anything else will pretty much die instantly in rated and just add your own personal flare. In Pre-Link, Red-Eyes has been running around destroying a lot. There are a million ways to build it (though the gemini one seams to be the best) making it a great deck to use without looking like you carbon copied it. You’ll have to fix consistency issues and find a way to get rid of backrow (because it’s deadlier than bricking). Oh and I think Red-Eyes might not be meta. Though it sure seams to pop up enough to be.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum